Intern With Us
We’ve been a leader in the work to stop family violence since 1983. Our holistic approach provides a clear path for families to progress from fear to safety.
Hope’s Door New Beginning Center offers internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students as well as openings for post-graduates seeking direct clinical hours towards licensure. Interns are an important part of our mission to empower victims of family violence. HDNBC strives to provide a meaningful and comprehensive internship experience.
How To Apply
- Complete the online application form below to apply for counseling or social work internships.
- After applying, please send your resume to Gina Gabriano at email@example.com.
The goal of this internship is to gain experience, knowledge, and training in how to do counseling with adults, children and families who have experienced domestic violence. This will include safety planning, providing domestic violence education, and trauma processing. You will learn how to create a safe place for clients, which will require self-reflection and insight-building for the intern.
- Provide individual counseling and case management for adults and children
- Complete intake and assessment
- Co-facilitate group(s)
- Participate in weekly clinical staff meetings and trainings
- Meet with field supervisor at least one hour each week.
- Enrolled in an accredited graduate program for Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology
- Successful completion of practicum in a clinical setting
- Work a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Must work at least one evening (until 8 pm)
- Willingness to provide services both in person (with safety precautions in place) and virtual platforms